Levan as a Raw Material: Safety
LEVAN SAFETY: Levan, like most polysaccharides, is a safe material for both users and the environment.
- Levan is NOT cytotoxic.
- Levan is NOT a skin or eye irritant.
- Levan does NOT cause allergic contact sensitization.
- Levan is NOT manufactured with any animal derived ingredients.
- Levan is NOT produced by a genetically modified microorganism (GMO).
- Levan is NOT from plant material itself. It is produced by the fermentation of sucrose which may come from either sugar cane or sugar beets.